Collision Insurance To-Do’s
If you’ve been involved in a collision that may result in a claim, contact your insurance representative as soon as possible. If you are making a claim against another driver, you should notify him or her as quickly as possible. It’s also a good idea to notify the other driver’s insurance company of the claim yourself; don’t assume that the other driver has done so.
What to do in case of a car accident?
The most important thing to do when you are involved in a car accident is to stay calm. Remember, it is your right to choose the collision centre where you want your car repaired. You must report the accident to police if anyone is injured or if total damages exceed $2,000. Remember to always exchange information with all other drivers involved in an accident.
Information to Collect
- Names, phone numbers, and addresses of all drivers, passengers and witnesses involved in the accident
- License plate numbers and driver’s license numbers of all drivers
- Insurance details of all drivers
- Details of the registered owners of all cars
- Make, model, year and any other relevant information about the cars involved in the accident
- Names and badge numbers of police officers and any other emergency personnel
- Photograph and document the accident
- Remove belongings from your vehicle
IMPORTANT: In case of an accident the insured and authorized driver must report and submit a written deposition (claim form) to the insurance company no later than 48 hours after the accident.
Call Toll Free
1 (866) 665-6635
569 Main St W.
Grimsby, ON L3M 1V1
Get directions on the map →
Tel: (905) 643-1221
Toll Free: 1 (866) 665-6635